2008 PhD Candidate/3D UML Software Modelling/RMIT Australia
Full-time Computer Science PhD Scholarship X3D-UML: User-Centred Design, Implementation and Evaluation of 3D UML Using X3D
Practical Skills gained/enhanced are as follows:
- Research Methods
- 3D development using C++ OpenSceneGraph + ActiveX
- 3D development using X3D and C#
- 3D development using augmented reality and animated 3D statecharts
- Application on 3D visualisation to real-time software modelling
- Integration of complex ideas
- User Interaction and Useability techniques
- Technical Writing
- Presenting at International Conferences
- Research Collaboration
The following are the papers published to date as a result of this research
X3D-UML: Enabling Advanced UML Visualisation Through X3D.
3D UML Heuristic Challenge.
X3D-UML: 3D UML State Machine Diagrams.*
Eclipse GEF3D: Bringing 3D to Existing 2D Editors.
*This paper was also awarded best paper at the annual RMIT student conference